找回密码注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 810|回复: 1

转贴美国刀友Code-Red 对汉威浪潮长刀的品鉴

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2014-9-24 09:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Starting up again, Great Wave first look...

Ill try to sum up a bit about me before i do this, so you allo get a little backround info so you can point me in the right direction because ive forgotten a lot of what I once knew.

So i used to have a collection of about 15 katana's about 7 years ago. Some were beaters, a few were show piece only, and the rest were what i like to call WoW's or "wall only weapons" not sure what you guys would call em tho'

Well they all went away while my family and I were down in Florida. Our house caught fire and I dont think i need to explain what a lot of heat does to already tempered blades. I got the collection when a cousin of mine passed away and left him to me. Two were easily in the 2-3k range altough I dont have any details on them because all documentation literally went up in smoke.

That being said I was at an auction the other day with my friend (he makes a living selling stuff on ebay) and I saw what looked like an excellent katana up for grabs. I couldnt be sure at first because the only info on it was full tang and high-carbon steel and petroleum jelly was all over it. I could tell the overall theme was Tomoe though so I googled tomoe katana on my phone and after a few sites foud out it was a Paul Chen (CAS or Hanwei = same i believe) Great Wave and was stoked. Open bid was $100 and only one other guy competed with me for it. I got this bad boy for $220!

Naturally I want to show off my lucky find so i joined the forum. Have really wanted to talk with someone who has one but they dont seem to be very popular cause i cant find any noteworthy reviews on it. So ill do my best to give a proper review of it, this has totally got me addicted again.

Been a while since ive practiced Kendo so please correct my mistakes...

A few in stand shots, nothing flashy here...

Only thing i dont like is on the saya where imo a tomoe themed Kojiri should be...

Now for some good shots. Good look at the Fuchi, Tsuba, and fitting although i forget what they are called. I really like how the tomoe theme was incorporated here. Oh and I even managed to capture a snow flake in the first shot...

Here is a good shot of the Menuki...atleast i think thats what its called looks like an Oni or something of that nature to me. Pretty good shot of the ray skin and part of the Tsuka to.

Now for the kashia, it looks great imo. I really like the texture appearence the grooves add (its also my avatar lol)

The next are gonna be of the blade and hamon. Zoom in on the water drops it looks pretty cool!

Overall i am pleased with it. Hamon looked even more milky when I got it, but in the pics i had done some very light polishing, not sure if I want to mess with anymore though.

Took me a sec, the tang really did not want to come free, but i got it all apart...

And thats its for pics. Sorry for so many and their size but I really wanted to capture the sword and highlight its features. Havent got to use it yet but once I have ill try to give it a full review. I will say this though, it is solid! It feels like I could cut through a tree and it would be no worse for the wear, although i would never attempt it lol...

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2014-9-24 10:00 | 显示全部楼层
官网信息

产品名称:古典新浪潮长刀
产品编号:SJG5004

产品参数:

全长: 103cm
刃长: 71cm
柄长: 29cm
总重: 1580g
刀重: 1191g
刃材: 高碳钢
硬度: HRC58-62

新浪潮系列刃型厚重,适合重砍劈。装具上的巴纹图案最早出现在中国商代青铜器上,在日本则是祭拜武神的八幡宫神纹,同时流行于武家社会。以简洁却神秘三巴纹图案为设计元素,寓意着深不可测的武学力量。

新浪潮系列刃部为高碳钢手工锻造,以传统包土法局部回火完工。火纹清晰可见,大切先。护手、缘和头都以铁做黑色处理,黄铜刀鎺。黑漆刀鞘,配黑色棉质下绪。手柄以鲛鱼皮外缠优质黒棉质柄绳。短刀手柄为精致的带棱纹牛角骨。

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表